Black Women Losing Weight started with a Ning community in 2010. We now have a broad social media presence of well over 850,000 supporters and that number is growing every day. We use social media and our award winning blog to connect the community via Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook.
We encourage our readers to seek greater wellness and to reach their lifestyle change goals…not just weight loss goals. We also help them to inspire others by submitting their stories. BWLW also promotes monthly weight loss and health challenges.
Blog and Email Statistics
- Over 275,000 monthly unique visitors
- Over 850,000 monthly page views.
- 34,000 RSS/email subscribers
- 940,000+ Facebook followers
- Twitter 7000+ followers
- Instagram 370,000+ followers
Winner of the Black Web Blog Awards’ Best Health or Wellness Blog (2013, 2014)
- Most of our readers are actively trying to lose weight through diet and exercise
- The thing we’re know for is the daily transformation stories we post from readers all over the world.
- We feature stories about weight loss surgery, as well as more traditional means of losing weight.
- Most of our audience spends money online regularly (e.g., purchasing diet aids, books, clothing, household items, eBooks, online services and so on)
- Most readers are female (about 95%)
- Most readers are college educated (about 75%)
- Most readers have children (about 60%)
- Most readers are between the ages of 35-44 (about 45%)
Would you like to sponsor a monthly challenge? It’s a great opportunity to brand the challenge with your company’s name and your brand will be added as part of the overall promotion of the challenge. With every mention of the challenge on our social media channels or email, your company’s brand will share the benefit of being mentioned along with the details of our challenge. Click here to view previous monthly challenges. Send us an email to discuss rates and promotional opportunities.
You can donate a product you’d like to sponsor as part of a giveaway. You can also add this advertising feature as part of a monthly challenge.
Post Review/Sponsored Posts
If your product or service is relevant and useful to our audience, we may review it on our blog or as part of out email.
A review of your product or service can also be emailed to our newsletter subscribers.
Rates and Availability
If you are interested, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you regarding availability.
Note: We do not promote Network Marketing/Direct Sales opportunities, diet pills or detox tea. We reserve the right to reject any offer for advertising at our discretion.